PostReg is the independent regulatory body for the entire Swiss postal system. PostReg:
- ensures independent quality control of basic services and access to these services
- guarantees that an independent inspection is carried out to ensure compliance with the principles of cost/performance accounting and adherence to the ban on cross-subsidies
- handles regulatory information on the basic service.
PostReg also performs a number of additional regulatory tasks:
- prepares the Department's price-related decisions concerning the monopoly
- evaluates gradual market deregulation