Accepted identification documents
1. Passport and ID cards (Switzerland and other countries)
- Standard passport (incl. diplomatic and service passports); still valid or expired less than five years ago.
- ID card, still valid
2. Official immigration documents
- Permit B, residence
- Permit C settlement
- Permit Ci residence with gainful employment
- Permit L short-term residence
- Permit F provisionally accepted foreigners
- Permit N permit for asylum-seekers
- Permit S people in need of protection
- Permit G cross-border commuter
3. Permits issued by the Vehicle Licensing Office
Driving licences of all categories issued by the cantonal Vehicle Licensing Offices, excluding provisional driving licences.
4. Other documents
- Travel permit for refugees (Art. 2 RPAV, SR 143.5)
- Passport for a foreign person (Art. 3 RPAV, SR 143.5)
For natural persons domiciled/resident in Switzerland
All permits are accepted, sections 1 – 4
For natural persons domiciled abroad
All permits are accepted according to section 1, as are cross-border permits (Permit G).